HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I am an avid reader, usually with 3-4 unread books on my nightstand waiting their turn. The one good thing about Covid was, I caught up on as much reading as I wanted to do. A lot of what I read is golf themed, whether fiction, documentary, biography or about golf architecture.

I'm halfway through a book I bet most of you would enjoy. Back in 2006, the famous golf writer George Peper wrote St Andrews Sojourn, the story about selling his house in New York and moving to an apartment literally across the street from St Andrews, about being a member of the club and mostly about day to day life living there and playing golf among the local courses.

I obviously can't describe it in a manner anywhere nearly as interesting as he writes it, but I highly recommend it. A childhood friend in Louisville, Kentucky, when I told her about it, replied, "So what you are telling me is, you're reading a book about Scottish real estate?" I promise, it's much more than that.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
An American Caddie in St Andrews may be another people would enjoy. Especially for anyone who has played there. A very entertaining book and a nice easy and relaxing read.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
An American Caddie in St Andrews may be another people would enjoy. Especially for anyone who has played there. A very entertaining book and a nice easy and relaxing read.
I have read it. Actually, unlike so many, I often like to reread books and it's been so long since I read An American Caddie, maybe it's time to see what I can read on the second time and realize I missed the first time around.

One of my greatest fears is having nothing to read. We're going to St Lucia for a week the first week of April and right now, I'm terrified that I don't already know what book I'm taking with me.

Top Bottom