Back to MP-32s

HCP
Local club/country
Oxford Golf Club
Irons
MP-650 3-4 hybrid (Fujikura Orochi 85g R), MP-32 4-PW (Dynamic Gold R300), MP-R12 52-58 wedges
Driver
ST-Z 10.5 (Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 6.0 60g), ST-Z 3-Wood (Project X Evenflow Riptide 5.5R 60g)
After 7 years struggling with my custom fit MP-64s I went back to my off the shelf MP-32s (made 1 degree flat) and have finally, after 32 years of golf, got myself down to single figures.

Love my MP-32s :-D

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Sounds like for some reason the MP32's just work for you perfectly? - Some clubs are like that? - I have been using the spare set of MP60's I keep here for visitors (my new 919 Tours need adjusting before I can use them) - I have not used them for about 3 years, but had to use them in my last couple of rounds - They feel amazing when you flush them & I have had two very good rounds with them including today when in a 4BBB match we (mostly I) came back from 4 down with 5 to play to get a half (I lipped out for the win too!)
MP32's are arguably one of the best sets Mizuno ever made - Enjoy!
Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Only for the fun of it, with no desire to over analyse things, what specs on the MP-64 irons were so different from the MP-32 set?

I've become very intent on fitting since learning so much from people in this forum. All the same, as many sets as I've tried over the years, most of which were made to the same length, lie, flex and grip size, some worked and some didn't. I never could figure out why I just couldn't hit some sets well.

Of course, it's IMPOSSIBLE that it could have been just me, but... ;-)

HCP
Local club/country
Oxford Golf Club
Irons
MP-650 3-4 hybrid (Fujikura Orochi 85g R), MP-32 4-PW (Dynamic Gold R300), MP-R12 52-58 wedges
Driver
ST-Z 10.5 (Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 6.0 60g), ST-Z 3-Wood (Project X Evenflow Riptide 5.5R 60g)
The first set of 64s I got were Dynalite Gold XP soft-step and 1-deg flat compared to Dynamic Gold R300 neutral lie angle on the 32s.

These didn't work so I had Dynamic Gold R300s put into the 64s but still felt I'd lost 10 yards per club. Took the 32s back out this season and had the lie angle made 1-deg flat and I seemed to have gained the 10 yards again.

The issue I've always had withthe fitting is that most mid-handicappers swings probably change from round to round. I know if I'm trying to really smack the ball I get a bit handsy/wristy and release a lot sooner. If I'm doing this on a fitting day I might have a release factor of 6-8 compared to my usual 4-5. this will have an impact on the shaft selector.

Pros probably have the same swing stats 99% of the time. I'm not sure I'd bother with a fitting again, just buy a set off the shelf and make them 1-deg flat.

Top Bottom