jhpargolf

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX919 hot metal pro 4-gw
Driver
Cobra f9+ hazardous black stiff
New to this forum and new JPX919 Hot Metal Pro owner. Do these irons have to be heat treated to have lie angle adjustments made. Thx for the help

Niklas_M

HCP
Local club/country
Stockholm GK/Sweden
Irons
JPX900 HM
Driver
Titleist
Hello,
Is there a limitation on the number of times the JPX900/919 Hot Metal clubs are bent for lie & loft?
1.I heard that it wasn’t recommended to be done more than once or twice.
2. Is there a max number of degrees of loft that these can be adjusted? ( I have a idea of bending the set so that I get even 4 degree steps between GW at 49deg to 5i at 25deg... Maybe it’s a crazy idea? /Niklas

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Hello,
Is there a limitation on the number of times the JPX900/919 Hot Metal clubs are bent for lie & loft?
1.I heard that it wasn’t recommended to be done more than once or twice.
2. Is there a max number of degrees of loft that these can be adjusted? ( I have a idea of bending the set so that I get even 4 degree steps between GW at 49deg to 5i at 25deg... Maybe it’s a crazy idea? /Niklas
These are made with these lofts for a reason.... because in testing and in data analysis these lifts produce equal gapping. Why change it?

crouse99

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
Ping G30 5-GW
Driver
Cobra Bio Cell regular flex 12 degree
The gapping is not only loft dependent, but also dependent on the individual golfer's swing characteristics -- swing speed, how he delivers the club to the ball, etc. I prefer 10 yard gaps, but I can easily imagine some golfers would prefer 12 or even 15 yard gaps depending on the minimum and maximum yardage the iron set needs to cover.

Top Bottom