Greenbier PGA (spoilers)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Jeff Overton going a bit crazy on the Friday - Running bird all over the coverage all weekend on this one it seems.

He's on a great run atm this year and should push up the rankings to top 30 or so soon...

(edit : oops spelt Greenbrier wrong)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Jonathan Byrd done something similar on the Saturday - shaping up nicely for a blue and white Sunday

What's with all the "nearly 59s" recently as well? DA and JB both going close today...

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
BigPete said:
Jonathan Byrd done something similar on the Saturday - shaping up nicely for a blue and white Sunday

What's with all the "nearly 59s" recently as well? DA and JB both going close today...

Well having watched the back nine there - I'm glad Appleby won it. He comes across as a super nice guy (not to be confused with Allenby) and has been through alot in his life and career. Noone could be more deserving.

And of course he shoots that 59 for the win.

I'm afraid Overton won't have won many admirers for the back stretch antics - after such a strong week, he looked to have lost a bit of composure at times. His time will come but you get the feeling this miss will hurt alot.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
I really felt for Overton. To lead by 3, shoot a decent score and still lose, must be difficult to take. Quite like the fact that he reacted like a normal golfer. Can't accuse him of being a robot.

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
What did Overton do? I fell asleep.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Overton missed a getable putt on one of the closing holes and looked like he literally couldn't believe it didn't go in. I've never seen anyone react like that. I thought he was going to call an official over to ask why it didn't drop.

He just reacted to every shot like the golfing gods were out to nobble him.

Must be gutting to lose like that though, especially as last time he was leading in a similar position - Snedecker did pretty much the same thing to him with a 63.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9b2548fEo

Top Bottom