How would you subjectively rank US golfers right now?

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
OK bit of a daft idea this one but lets have your top 5 current American golfers at the moment,. Purely subjective, based on talent, potential and overall "like-ablity"

1 Tiger 
2 Snedeker
3 Phil
4 Bubba
5 Dufner

My choices are pretty much the rankings atm but they all offer something in their personalities that I like. 

Tiger has the whole "can he beat Jack?" thing going on and let's face it he's the best talent in golf for the last 15 years.
Snedeker just seems like a nice guy and plays refreshingly fast and consistently well
Phil is Phil - gung ho and on his day better than anyone
Bubba is a goof but a daft one who never had a lesson and does everything his own way
Dufner is just solid, and seemingly unphaseable - and that cooky waggle

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Snedeker
D.Johnson
Mickelson
Woods
Moore

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
Dufner is just solid, and seemingly unhappy all the time miserable git lol - and that cooky waggle

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
BigPete said:
OK bit of a daft idea this one but lets have your top 5 current American golfers at the moment,. Purely subjective, based on talent, potential and overall "like-ablity"

1 Tiger 
2 Snedeker
3 Phil
4 Bubba
5 Dufner

My choices are pretty much the rankings atm but they all offer something in their personalities that I like. 

Tiger has the whole "can he beat Jack?" thing going on and let's face it he's the best talent in golf for the last 15 years.
Snedeker just seems like a nice guy and plays refreshingly fast and consistently well
Phil is Phil - gung ho and on his day better than anyone
Bubba is a goof but a daft one who never had a lesson and does everything his own way
Dufner is just solid, and seemingly unphaseable - and that cooky waggle
You really need to get out more Pete. :shock: I like Rickie Fowler. He has his own style and seems his own man. I think he will mature into the best US golfer of his generation

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Woods

Mickelson

Keegan Bradley

Snedeker

Dustin Johnson

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
I don't think I've really sat and studied this to great length, but......

I really enjoy it when Tiger turns on something special.  I don't care about his past or personal life.  When he turns it on, it's special.

I also like Snedeker.  I think the way he just gets over the ball and hits it is great.  Even his short, snatchy putting stroke is great.  And that's coming from the very methodical golfer I am.

To the other extreme, I really hate watching and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Bradley to take a shot.  Stop, start, stop, start, spin the club, spin it again.  FFS man, is there any need!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Celtic_Bil said:
FFS man, is there any need!
PMSL! :lol: Great way to dodge the language filter but make your point!

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
I agree about Bradley. he really is painful to watch. If any club golfer was that slow he'd be hung, drawn and quartered!!.
I agree about Jason Dufner. I like the guy and he has the right stuff to win majors. he's also gone out of his way to play outside the States a lot, which I think makes you a much better player, not just throwing darts at the greens all the time.

Top Bottom