HCP
Local club/country
Doneraile Golf Club, Ireland
Irons
L/HMizuno MP-60 3-pw r300 shafts, MPT-10 Lob wedge,
Driver
Mizuno mx-560 9.5 graphite stiff
Hi All

I bought a set of Mizuno mp-30 irons from a local person he told me they are regular shafts but they feel like stiff. But when i went to the range today I hit a 9 iron and the furthest it went was 140 yards and then i got a 7 iron and it only went around 155 yards. Is there something wrong?? I hit the ball as hard as i could.

Thanks

Mark

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Range balls cannot be trusted to give accurate feedback on line, trajectory or distance!!

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
I am assuming that there are no stickers on the shafts to easily identify the make, model or flex.

Have you tried taking your iron to your local pro who may be able to identify them? I have recent experience where the pro at my club back home identified a shaft from what I recall was the position and number of steps on it.

MP 30s a lovely set of irons by the way, great choice.

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Have the lofts,lie etc. for all clubs checked at local pro. shop. Well worth the peace of mind everything ok with heads.

Markc

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
There is no sticker on any of them, just the true temper name on the shaft. I went to the driving range again and i hit better with them today. The pro told me they are a stiff shaft. I like the clubs anyway.

Also can anyone help with this? I have a mizuno driver with stiff shaft graphite and the irons are stiff. What kind of graphite shaft should i get for a 3 wood and 5 wood regular or stiff? I only ever had odd brands with steel shaft regular.

Thanks

Mark

Dave Lyall

HCP
Local club/country
Kirriemuir Golf Club, Scotland
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-Pw, Black Ox Wedges,52,54 & 56, Titleist 985 19 Stiff Hybrid,Cleveland Hi Bore 17 Stiff Hybrid
Driver
Titleist 909D2,9.5 Degree, Stiff Aldila Voodoo Shaft
Hi Mark,
I also have MP30s and they are True Temper S300 and most of the sets I have looked at are the same.Like you I always had regular shafts but don't find these to be much different,in fact they probably suit me better.With regards to which shaft for your 3 or 5 wood.My own preference there is to stick with stiff as again my irons,driver and hybrids are all stiff as I find anything with a regular shaft to be too whippy and gives me a left to right tail on the ball which just screws me up completely as my natural shot is a soft draw.To draw your own conclusions though it is maybe best to hit the range with a variety of shaft options and see what your preference is before taking the plunge.
Best of luck
Dave

Markc

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Thanks for the information Dave. I will try that.

MizunoWI

HCP
Local club/country
Champions Golf Course
Irons
Mizuno MP-59 4-PW
Driver
Nike VR STR8 Fit Tour 9.5*
Hitting the ball as hard as you can isnt a good way to judge either because you arent going to make as solid of contact as you would if you just swung easy.

Top Bottom