HCP
Local club/country
Antwerp
Irons
MP 52/64/68 / JPX900T/F
Driver
Callaway Rogue
Hi all,
After the first hit with the mp20mmc I knew these will be replacing my JPX900T/F. I've always liked the MP59 aswell.
After couple of fitting sessions in the Netherlands (thx Mathijs!) I'm almost ready sorting all specs: shafts will be the $ taper in 120, perfect match!.
In the first fitting (with the shaft optimizer) no additional length was suggested, but my static measurement says +0,5".

As Im using my PW a lot around the green, Im thinking of ordering the 4-9 MP20mmc irons, completed with the 46/51/56 degr T20 wedges, equal shafts through the set. With this setup I hope to get an equal feel trough the set.

I like the D2 swingweight, normally to compensate for longer shafts Mizuno uses the lighter B-heads: does anybody knows how the wedges will compare to this? There are no B-head wedges. I'm scared that going 0,5" longer will mess up the equal feel through the set Im trying to accomplish.
I wouldn't mind playing wedges in D3/D4 as this will help to feel the head better when gripping down....

Any thoughts?
Thx in advance

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
MF should know for sure if t20 comes in b-weight, but AFAIK indeed they do not. Personally I wouldn't be too worried by the heavier wedge heads. More often than not you'll use them for partial shots rather than full shots so a slightly heavier head feel/total weight and softer flex should/could be beneficial. Since you don't make the same swing with the wedges, you don't need the exact same shaft/head/swing weight. Do pay attention to the grinds, depending on turf conditions. In your case most likely more soft than firm conditions (Antwerp rather than Zoute?) so more bounce (56.14) is your friend.

Top Bottom