MIZUNO

Trackman vs Mizuno DNA

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Posted by simonr

Sorry if this has been covered before.
I went to see a well known U-tube reviewer yesterday to look at the 64's.
I mentioned a DNA fitting and he said he doesn't use the DNA fitting as he used Trackman instead.
It looks to me like the DNA measures shaft flex and the Trackman measures ball flight. Both useful information but which is best for iron fitting ?
Author Information

HCP: 12.2
Local club/country: United Kingdom
Irons: MP 54 PX 5.5 and MP 52 DGS 300
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 Motore F1

Re: Trackman vs Mizuno DNA

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Posted by BigPete

Yup any decent fitting will use some kind of launch monitor. The swing DNA is a bit of a short cut to finding the general type of shaft that suits your swing, but it is just a starting point. Real world data hitting balls is the only way to see if a shaft really works.

A good fitter might not use the DNA but it's a great tool to find a starting point in the shaft fitting process and can save a great deal of trial and error, especially for the casual user. With brief training, it's a fool proof system for identifying "ball park" shaft specs.

JPX EZ driver
TEE XCG 3 wood
JPX EZ 5 wood
JPX 825 5 hybrid
JPX 825 pro 5-pw
MP R12 50 54 60 wedges
MP A 302 putter
Author Information

HCP: 12.0
Local club/country: http://www.claysgolf.co.uk/

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Posted by Deemac

If you ever go to a Mizuno demo day or fitting, the fitter will have BOTH!

DNA is the starting point, Trackman will do the fine tuning and checking to see if the DNA recommendations are working.

The DNA system takes the guesswork out of the first 60% of the fitting process!
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.1
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Posted by M4RSH

I went to Rotherham to be fitted for irons before the DNA thing came out. I was on a Trackman and the data suggested that the lightweight Nippon 1150GH Tour stiff were the shafts I need and they are great. When the DNA came out I went and had a go on it just to see if what I had been fitted was right or not. After 3 swings the result was I needed a lightweight shaft, and my 3rd shaft option it gave me was a Nippon GH950 Stiff, 2 models down from what I have.

Does the DNA work? In my view yes it does and you be a fool to not do it. It's just a pity that the DNA system can't be done with the woods as I would jump at it.
Author Information

HCP: 2
Local club/country: Waltham Windmill
Irons: Snake Eyes Blades 2-58* with Nippon 1150 tour shafts pured.
Driver: Mizuno MP 630 10.5* UST Axivcore Black Series 66g

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010