MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Just What Do People Do With Their Clubs ?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 am

Posted by DCB

Deemac wrote:

I have to admit to being a bit of a pedant too - I reckon I could pass my 1-yr old 69's off as new...

I agree with DCB - some people just have no respect for their gear! I understand people who say "tools not jewels", however some people take it to an extreme!

The Tools not Jewels argument doesn't hold water. As an apprentice I had it drummed into me the need fro looking after your tools. Now, 35 years later, I've still go all my original tools in useable condition.

I've got an almost 20year old set of Tommy Armour irons in the garage that are still better than most of the clubs I saw yesterday. How you can mash the face of a cast club to the extent that the grooves are barely discernible is beyond me.

As to the woods, how can you sky the ball with a modern driver, the face is so deep you need to be taking a divot with the driver to get the ball to hit the topline or crown. Looking at the sole of some of the woods, you'd thing they had been used on gravel all their days, scratched and gouged.

Nope, I'll be a pedant and look after my clubs thank you very much.
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons: Mizuno MP64 5-PW, H4 4iron, JPX825 3H, JPX 5 & 7 Wood, MPR12 52° & 56° Wedges
Driver: JPX EZ 12° Orochi Black Eye

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 am

Posted by Br1an_g

My wife and I were walking through ag and came across the 2nd hand section and I had a quick look through and she was in shock at how dirty all the clubs were."why don't they clean them" she asked. I couldn't answer her question. Even though I look after my clubs, I always make sure they look extra shiny if I plan on trading them in. The state of some of these clubs was unbelievable, mud caked into the faces, I have no idea how they managed to hit a straight shot. Well, they probably didn't. :)
In the Neo Cart Bag bag:
Mizuno jpx825 9.5* orochi Stiff, MP650 17* & 19* Orochi stiff, MP54 3-PW DGX100, MP-T4 DGX100 50*6 56*8, Mizuno MP-T101 33.5
Author Information

HCP: 11.6
Local club/country: Mar Hall & Dullatur
Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW DG X100
Driver: Mizuno jpx 825 9.5* orochi stiff

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am

Posted by The Highlander

I've seen a set of Ping i15's that were completely rusted all through the shaft. They were released in August 09 so the guy could have had them no longer than 3 years at most. They looked like they had been sat out in the wet for 10. He wanted top trade in price for them too!

I find it rewarding to keep my clubs in their best possible condition and it doesn't take long if you do it often enough. People with too much money if they are willing to spend £500+ on something and treat it like dirt.
Speed[81] Tempo[4] ToeDown[2] KickAngle[4] Release[5]
Author Information

HCP: 9.6
Local club/country: www.torveangolfclub.co.uk www.nairngolfclub.co.uk
Irons: MP H4 #4 / MP 53 5-7 / MP 4 8-P / MP T4 50o, 54o & 58o Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5o C1 Fairway: Titleist 913f 15o C1 Hybrid: Titleist 913h 17o B1

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Posted by freddy

DCB wrote:

Deemac wrote:

I have to admit to being a bit of a pedant too - I reckon I could pass my 1-yr old 69's off as new...

I agree with DCB - some people just have no respect for their gear! I understand people who say "tools not jewels", however some people take it to an extreme!

The Tools not Jewels argument doesn't hold water. As an apprentice I had it drummed into me the need fro looking after your tools. Now, 35 years later, I've still go all my original tools in useable condition.

I've got an almost 20year old set of Tommy Armour irons in the garage that are still better than most of the clubs I saw yesterday. How you can mash the face of a cast club to the extent that the grooves are barely discernible is beyond me.

As to the woods, how can you sky the ball with a modern driver, the face is so deep you need to be taking a divot with the driver to get the ball to hit the topline or crown. Looking at the sole of some of the woods, you'd thing they had been used on gravel all their days, scratched and gouged.

Nope, I'll be a pedant and look after my clubs thank you very much.

I know why people sky the ball with modern drivers. Have you seen how high people tee the ball these days? They sell 4 1/2" tees in my local shop! Knitting needles aren't that long.
JPX825 10.5 KK60
JPX835 3 wood PX 7B3
Anser 17* hybrid, VTS Silver
H4 3,4 S300, C-taper
CMB 5-PW, C-taper
T4 52/58 S400
Versa #7, SS3.0
Author Information

HCP: 2.5
Local club/country: Canada

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Posted by GraemeJones

There are many people i play with they take a shot and then put the club back in their bag without as much as a glance down to see how much of the course is still stuck on the clubface I can't place a club back in my bag without giving it a good wipe with my towel(s) I have a towel to take the most of the mud off then another to buffer it up a bit is this a bit of OCD creeping in ?
Graeme 'My putting is Average at the moment' Jones
Author Information

HCP: CONGU 5.2
Local club/country: http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons: JPX 800 PRO 5-PW, PX 5.0 shafts 1/4 inch longer than Standard. MP-R12 52 degree, MP-R12 58 degree, Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver: JPX 800 Driver 10.5* JPX 825 3Wood FLI HI 18* 24*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Posted by Deemac

GraemeJones wrote:

I have a towel to take the most of the mud off then another to buffer it up a bit is this a bit of OCD creeping in ?

Nope - me too!! ;-)
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Posted by Terry

I admit I am also somewhat fanatical when it comes to my clubs but some people just don't care care about their property,or others. A chap at the club aked if he could try a Scotty Futura putter I no longer used for week or so. Being a lefty I always try to help other leftys so I gave it to him and he immediatly took off the cover and dropped the putter into the bag denting the top edge in the process. I took it back and instead gave him a couple of polite comments on attitude
Author Information

HCP: 14
Local club/country: Qld, Aust.
Irons: Adams a12pros kbs Tour stiff 4-pw
Driver: R1 UST proforce axivore tour black 69

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Posted by Hyperactive

GraemeJones wrote:

There are many people i play with they take a shot and then put the club back in their bag without as much as a glance down to see how much of the course is still stuck on the clubface I can't place a club back in my bag without giving it a good wipe with my towel(s) I have a towel to take the most of the mud off then another to buffer it up a bit is this a bit of OCD creeping in ?

Yes i do this too, and i don't consider it OCD. When i get home i also give my clubs a clean and get all the dirt off them. I always feel i hit better shots with clean clubs. I also use head covers on all my clubs, i just like my gear to it's best all the time.
Author Information

HCP: 18
Local club/country: Unattached
Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ , 5-SW, XP105 R300.
Driver: Mizuno MX700, 10.5 deg, exsar 4, r flex. Mizuno MX700 20 deg hybrid r flex. TM 200 series 7 wood reflex.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:07 am

Posted by zombie

My Dad was showing off his new buckets and spades to me and they were dirty and unloved after only a couple of rounds.

Maybe that's a reflection on the manufacturer - he has the TM RBZ irons... Maybe everybody here looks after their clubs because they are quality bits of kit.

For the record, I have alternate head covers to stop bag chatter and it also halves the chance of me needing to wrestle with them mid-hack.
Titleist 913D2
Ping G20 5w
Mizuno MP-H4 3i
Mizuno MP-53 4i-PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50 & 56deg
Cleveland CG15 62deg
Ping Redwood Piper S
Author Information

HCP: 15.8
Local club/country: Craigielaw - East Lothian
Irons: Hex...
Driver: Hex?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:09 am

Posted by The_don_LFC

zombie wrote:

Maybe that's a reflection on the manufacturer - he has the TM RBZ irons... Maybe everybody here looks after their clubs because they are quality bits of kit.

I have a TM driver.
I keep all my clubs spotlessly clean.
Says more about your arl fella than people who use other brands of clubs.

This "Mizuno users are better than everyone else" attitude of some posters on here relly gets on my t!t5 & makes us look right helmets.
Taylormade R1 driver with a Project X 6.0 shaft
Taylormade Rocketballz 3 Wood
Callaway FTiZ 2,3 & 4 Rescues
Mizuno JPX800Pro 5i-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickle 52 & 58 deg
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Hollywood Putter
Author Information

HCP: 8.7
Local club/country: Hesketh G.C. www.heskethgolfclub.co.uk
Irons: JPX 800 pro
Driver: None

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next