MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Just What Do People Do With Their Clubs ?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Posted by The Highlander

The_don_LFC wrote:

This "Mizuno users are better than everyone else" attitude of some posters on here relly gets on my t!t5 & makes us look right helmets.

While there may well be some who look down upon other brand users I do believe the majority of comments are tongue in cheek.
Speed[81] Tempo[4] ToeDown[2] KickAngle[4] Release[5]
Author Information

HCP: 9.6
Local club/country: www.torveangolfclub.co.uk www.nairngolfclub.co.uk
Irons: MP H4 #4 / MP 53 5-7 / MP 4 8-P / MP T4 50o, 54o & 58o Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5o C1 Fairway: Titleist 913f 15o C1 Hybrid: Titleist 913h 17o B1

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Posted by freddy

The Highlander wrote:

The_don_LFC wrote:

This "Mizuno users are better than everyone else" attitude of some posters on here relly gets on my t!t5 & makes us look right helmets.

While there may well be some who look down upon other brand users I do believe the majority of comments are tongue in cheek.

While that maybe true, The_Don does make a good point. We all have to be careful of this, especially on a forum that is obviously slanted towards one OEM in the first place. The idea of the forum is to make the brand more open and appealing to people, not the opposite of this.
JPX825 10.5 KK60
JPX835 3 wood PX 7B3
Anser 17* hybrid, VTS Silver
H4 3,4 S300, C-taper
CMB 5-PW, C-taper
T4 52/58 S400
Versa #7, SS3.0
Author Information

HCP: 2.5
Local club/country: Canada

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Posted by Deemac

I think most people can tell the difference between good natured, tongue in cheek banter and the type of vitriol that you see on other forums...
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Posted by freddy

Deemac wrote:

I think most people can tell the difference between good natured, tongue in cheek banter and the type of vitriol that you see on other forums...

Oh absolutely. When you look at other sites, this site is on the whole much, much better in that regard.
JPX825 10.5 KK60
JPX835 3 wood PX 7B3
Anser 17* hybrid, VTS Silver
H4 3,4 S300, C-taper
CMB 5-PW, C-taper
T4 52/58 S400
Versa #7, SS3.0
Author Information

HCP: 2.5
Local club/country: Canada

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Posted by The_don_LFC

freddy wrote:

The Highlander wrote:

The_don_LFC wrote:

While that maybe true, The_Don does make a good point. We all have to be careful of this, especially on a forum that is obviously slanted towards one OEM in the first place. The idea of the forum is to make the brand more open and appealing to people, not the opposite of this.

This-----------^
Taylormade R1 driver with a Project X 6.0 shaft
Taylormade Rocketballz 3 Wood
Callaway FTiZ 2,3 & 4 Rescues
Mizuno JPX800Pro 5i-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickle 52 & 58 deg
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Hollywood Putter
Author Information

HCP: 8.7
Local club/country: Hesketh G.C. www.heskethgolfclub.co.uk
Irons: JPX 800 pro
Driver: None

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Posted by stevie_r

Br1an_g wrote:

My wife and I were walking through ag and came across the 2nd hand section and I had a quick look through and she was in shock at how dirty all the clubs were."why don't they clean them" she asked. I couldn't answer her question. Even though I look after my clubs, I always make sure they look extra shiny if I plan on trading them in. The state of some of these clubs was unbelievable, mud caked into the faces, I have no idea how they managed to hit a straight shot. Well, they probably didn't. :)

I fully agree, I'm not OCD about club cleaning, I do them when I feel they need it but the state people hand over their trade-ins in shocking. I gave my Ci9s a good scrub yesterday as this morning they were traded in against a set of JPX825s
Author Information

Local club/country: http://www.gleddochhousegolf.co.uk/
Irons: JPX825 4 - PW, TW9 wedges, Ping Karsten Anser 2
Driver: MP630 FT, MP Ti 4, MP Clk 20

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Posted by dong galang

not too obsessed on cleaning and polishing my equipment anymore. starting to have more things to do when im not playing. also starting to care more about beating my mates than my stuff looking better.

my sticks still out-shines theirs thou!

happy new year y'all!
Author Information

HCP: 11.2 index
Local club/country: navy golf club / philippines
Irons: tm rescue 3, adams 4hybrid, mp-52 5iron, 6,7 mp63, 8-pw fourteen tb1000
Driver: 09 tm burner, tm v steel 3w, callaway diablo 5w

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Posted by HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

The Highlander wrote:

The_don_LFC wrote:

I think The Don has it about half right. We, on this forum, do look down, mainly at other manufacturers equipment. This is easy if you have MIZUNO.
Author Information

HCP: 9.9
Local club/country: Theydon Bois ESSEX
Irons: MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus JPX 825 5 iron to PW and Hybrid, 5 Wood and Driver
Driver: Mizuno MX700

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Posted by Hyperactive

I may have found a possible reason why some of these trade in's are in such a state.

I was in AG Bournemouth at the weekend and said to one of the sales staff what my current irons are (Taylormade RAC HT's). After he looked on the computer, i was told they'd be worth £40 as a trade in cause there 8 years old. Condition didn't even come into it.
Author Information

HCP: 18
Local club/country: Unattached
Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ , 5-SW, XP105 R300.
Driver: Mizuno MX700, 10.5 deg, exsar 4, r flex. Mizuno MX700 20 deg hybrid r flex.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Posted by seanmor

Hyperactive wrote:

I may have found a possible reason why some of these trade in's are in such a state.

I was in AG Bournemouth at the weekend and said to one of the sales staff what my current irons are (Taylormade RAC HT's). After he looked on the computer, i was told they'd be worth £40 as a trade in cause there 8 years old. Condition didn't even come into it.

I personally have never traded in my clubs I’ve always opted to sell them privately,

As it’s always been my experience that no matter how well looked after and cared for my clubs were they only offered the lowest of prices for them

As an example my last set of irons before my Mizuno’s were a matched set of eight Callaway X Tour forged irons I paid £650 for them and owned them less than 3 years

I had only used them to play approx. a dozen or so games over that time they were like new and when the Pro at the golf shop phoned to confirm my trade in price he said he was embarrassed to tell me that the offer was £120!!!!

I sold them myself for £265 :-)
Titleist 913D2 Diamana 62R x5ct R flex
Titleist 913F 15deg 3 wood
JPX825 19Hybrid Orochi SR
MP-H4 3i
JPX-EZ 4-PW XP105R
MPT4 50
MPR12 58
Scotty Cameron Putter

Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course the distance between your ears.Bobby Jones
Author Information

HCP: 18
Local club/country: Caprington Golf Club

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010