MIZUNO

Handicap question

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Posted by db.

If you have an active handicap and join a new club can you choose to put three cards for a new handicap or do you have to take your active handicap with you?
If God played golf he'd play Mizuno irons
Author Information

HCP: 5
Local club/country: UK
Irons: Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MPT-10 52, 58 wedges
Driver: Titleist 910 D2, Stiff RIP 70

Re: Handicap question

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Posted by Hammy

See http://www.englandgolf.org/shared/get-file.ashx?id=7493&itemtype=document

Applies to an English home club and your registered lifetime ID.
Author Information

Local club/country: Varies between Eng and Wales
Irons: 4-PW MX300 graphite reg T4 50.06, 56.10 NSpro 950 reg
Driver: Titleist 913D2 10.5 set to C4 Bassara W55 reg shaft

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Posted by db.

Thank you
Author Information

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Posted by Deemac

Your club handicap convenor has the authority to make changes to your handicap under certain circumstances.

If you feel that your handicap no longer reflects your golfing ability significantly (either better or worse), you can apply for a handicap review.

For example, if you have an injury or illness that has affected you in some way and you can no longer maintain your previous form, your handicap convenor can make the requisite adjustment. If you move course and you feel that due to the difficulty of your new course being either significantly easier or harder, and your current handicap no longer reflects your ability, you can make a request for review.

Handicap convenors don't particularly like doing this, but the review procedure is available...
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Posted by GraemeJones

Deemac wrote:

Your club handicap convenor has the authority to make changes to your handicap under certain circumstances.

If you feel that your handicap no longer reflects your golfing ability significantly (either better or worse), you can apply for a handicap review.

For example, if you have an injury or illness that has affected you in some way and you can no longer maintain your previous form, your handicap convenor can make the requisite adjustment. If you move course and you feel that due to the difficulty of your new course being either significantly easier or harder, and your current handicap no longer reflects your ability, you can make a request for review.

Handicap convenors don't particularly like doing this, but the review procedure is available...

Really ? hmmmmmmmm
Graeme 'My putting is Average at the moment' Jones
Author Information

HCP: CONGU 4.2
Local club/country: http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons: JPX 800 PRO 5-PW, PX 5.0 shafts 1/4 inch longer than Standard. MP-R12 52 degree, MP-R12 58 degree, Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver: JPX 800 Driver 10.5* JPX 825 3Wood FLI HI 18* 24*

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Posted by Deemac

Just to qualify my previous post...

I know for a fact that this has happened at my previous 2 clubs.

At my old club, a friend of mine got a shoulder operation, and forever afterwards, he could no longer make a full swing and it affected his ability significantly. He contacted the handicap convenor and the convenor arranged for my mate to play 3 rounds with committee members to mark his cards - afterwards, he was allocated a new handicap based on his 3-cards.

If this had happened at only 1 club I had been a member of, it could possibly have been a local rule of sorts, but it has also happened at my current club, when one of the older guys who played off of 4, got a knee replacement and once again couldn't make a full turn either back or through, so he played 3 games and a committee member marked his card and he ended up with a new handicap of 12.

Download this document (it applies to The whole of Britain, not just Scotland)

http://www.scottishgolf.org/files/CONGU_UHS_2012-20153.pdf

...and pay particular attention to:

7.7g
Section 23 - Review
Annual Review
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee

Last edited by Deemac on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Posted by GraemeJones

The last 2 rounds I have played have been +11 I know you are not supposed to play to your handicap every round But I know myself I am more than a 6 handicapper. I just wish I had joined a "Proper" course instead of the one I did join as my 1st club Thanks for the Info though D very interesting

Cheers
Graeme 'My putting is Average at the moment' Jones
Author Information

HCP: CONGU 4.2
Local club/country: http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons: JPX 800 PRO 5-PW, PX 5.0 shafts 1/4 inch longer than Standard. MP-R12 52 degree, MP-R12 58 degree, Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver: JPX 800 Driver 10.5* JPX 825 3Wood FLI HI 18* 24*

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Posted by db.

Thanks for the information. It's not for me, a friend asked me the question and I wasn't sure.
Author Information

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010