MIZUNO

Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 401  Next

Re: How did you do?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Posted by RobB2


Played a wet Astbury Hall today.34 points with 2 blobs.Started with a birdie and was 3 under net after 3 holes .Played steady on front but missed 4 putts for birdie by cm's.Lost my ball on the 9th .Hit 3 wood down middle of fairway and couldn't find it.Stared with another birdie on the 10th and played steady again and missed  another 3 putts by cm's.Driver wasn't performing for me today but managed to scramble and played some great approaches to the greens.All in all pretty pleased ,and with a new putter in play too.Felt i could have played a couple under at least but.........
Author Information
 

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 pm
Posts: 793
HCP: 8.6
Local club/country: http://www.marketdraytongolfclub.co.uk
Irons: MP53 4-PW PX 6.0 ,MPT10 50,55, Callaway Mack Daddy 2,60 deg( U grind),TM T3 TP 13 deg Matrix HD 6 Stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 Hybrid 19 deg Fubuki Stiff.Yes "Ann" putter 34" 4"
Driver: Callaway Razr Fit Extreme,10.5,Fujikura Rombax 6X07 stiff

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Posted by PaulBoy


Played a very wet New Forest GC yesterday - Only a couple of temps though, in the wettest area of the course - Had a respectable 36pts off my rollup handicap (2) with 3x birdies & missed a few makeable putts which would have improved things further - Played with a pal who is visiting from Spain & due to medical issues hasn't played since August (?) - He had 39pts which was amazing after such a long lay off & more so, as with his first swing in the nets he shanked a 3wood, missed the net & hit the clubhouse wall :D
Cheers ... Paul
Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s
Adams Pro 20 hybrid C Taper 120s
Mizuno MPT-4 50* 54* 60*
Mizuno MP650 Orochi 60s
Mizuno MP650 Matrix X-Con 8M2x
Odyssey Black Series #2 putter
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm
Posts: 594
HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s ~ MPT-4 Black Raw 50* 54* 60*
Driver: Mizuno MP-650 Fujikura Orochi 60s

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Posted by Fish


Texas Scramble yesterday, we had 8 shots and played to level par so came in with a nett 63, we just couldn't buy a birdie.  I think there were 6 prizes and 6th place came in with a nett 59 with the winners, a 3-ball, coming in with a gross 65 with 9 shots making a nett 56!  I think 3-balls when a player doesn't turn up have a huge advantage as everyone is taking shots on every hole, so, the low handicapper/s are not only taking their drive, but their 2nd shot also, which is a huge advantage, especially on par 5's!  I was pleased with my new driver though which had it first official baptism and it will make a huge difference to my game and handicap for next season.

Today was our Super 16's, we lost 2 down but I shot a gross 83, 8 under handicap so couldn't do much more. We were 3 down on the turn but came off the 14th all square only to be served up back-to-back birdies on 15 & 16 which killed us off, I parred the 17th for a half and parred the 18th but we shook hands on the 17th. 

My new driver again performed very well, only leaked a couple but was able to scramble well so they didn't cost me the holes.  Tough conditions early doors as the greens were frozen but the front fringes were quite soft so it was hard to judge the approach shots in, they either plugged and stopped short or pinged 30' in the air and through the green!
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 S
3w+ Cleveland Launcher 13*
4w Cleveland Launcher 17*
7w Mizuno FL-50 21* (For Sale)
Mizuno MP-52: 4 - P/W Irons
Mizuno T4: 52/7
Mizuno T4: 56/10
Mizuno T4: 60/5
Ping G5i Putter

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Coventry
HCP: 20.8
Local club/country: North Warwickshire Golf Club
Irons: MP52's 4-PW, MP-T4 Wedges 52/7, 56/10 & 60/5
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 Stiff

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Posted by GraemeJones


Just shot +1 Gross 71 for 42 points 21 both ways Very happy but bogeyed the last :(

The downside was there was 6 temp greens which made the course a little shorter than normal

Clean crisp connections on nearly every strike the lessons are working :D

Oh yea I didnt take the money as my mate had 43 points but I'm more happy with my ball striking than anything else

4 bogeys
11 pars
3 Birdies

26 Putts
Graeme 'My putting is Average at the moment' Jones
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 pm
Posts: 2801
Location: Connahs Quay, Deeside North Wales
HCP: CONGU 4.2
Local club/country: http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons: JPX 800 PRO 5-PW, PX 5.0 shafts 1/4 inch longer than Standard. MP-R12 52 degree, MP-R12 58 degree, Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver: JPX 800 Driver 10.5* JPX 825 3Wood FLI HI 18* 24*

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Posted by PaulBoy


[size=85]GraemeJones wrote:

Just shot +1 Gross 71 for 42 points 21 both ways Very happy but bogeyed the last :(

The downside was there was 6 temp greens which made the course a little shorter than normal

Clean crisp connections on nearly every strike the lessons are working :D

Oh yea I didnt take the money as my mate had 43 points but I'm more happy with my ball striking than anything else

4 bogeys
11 pars
3 Birdies

26 Putts

[/size]Nice work Graeme! - Think you should update your sig to 'better than average' though?
Cheers ... Paul
Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s
Adams Pro 20 hybrid C Taper 120s
Mizuno MPT-4 50* 54* 60*
Mizuno MP650 Orochi 60s
Mizuno MP650 Matrix X-Con 8M2x
Odyssey Black Series #2 putter
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm
Posts: 594
HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s ~ MPT-4 Black Raw 50* 54* 60*
Driver: Mizuno MP-650 Fujikura Orochi 60s

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Posted by GraemeJones


PaulBoy wrote:

[size=85]GraemeJones wrote:

Just shot +1 Gross 71 for 42 points 21 both ways Very happy but bogeyed the last :(

The downside was there was 6 temp greens which made the course a little shorter than normal

Clean crisp connections on nearly every strike the lessons are working :D

Oh yea I didnt take the money as my mate had 43 points but I'm more happy with my ball striking than anything else

4 bogeys
11 pars
3 Birdies

26 Putts

[/size]Nice work Graeme! - Think you should update your sig to 'better than average' though?
Cheers ... Paul


Hahaha I'll wait til I play again on Thursday at Rhuddlan GC
Graeme 'My putting is Average at the moment' Jones
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 pm
Posts: 2801
Location: Connahs Quay, Deeside North Wales
HCP: CONGU 4.2
Local club/country: http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons: JPX 800 PRO 5-PW, PX 5.0 shafts 1/4 inch longer than Standard. MP-R12 52 degree, MP-R12 58 degree, Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver: JPX 800 Driver 10.5* JPX 825 3Wood FLI HI 18* 24*

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Posted by RobB2


Fish wrote:

Texas Scramble yesterday, we had 8 shots and played to level par so came in with a nett 63, we just couldn't buy a birdie.  I think there were 6 prizes and 6th place came in with a nett 59 with the winners, a 3-ball, coming in with a gross 65 with 9 shots making a nett 56!  I think 3-balls when a player doesn't turn up have a huge advantage as everyone is taking shots on every hole, so, the low handicapper/s are not only taking their drive, but their 2nd shot also, which is a huge advantage, especially on par 5's!  I was pleased with my new driver though which had it first official baptism and it will make a huge difference to my game and handicap for next season.

Today was our Super 16's, we lost 2 down but I shot a gross 83, 8 under handicap so couldn't do much more. We were 3 down on the turn but came off the 14th all square only to be served up back-to-back birdies on 15 & 16 which killed us off, I parred the 17th for a half and parred the 18th but we shook hands on the 17th. 

My new driver again performed very well, only leaked a couple but was able to scramble well so they didn't cost me the holes.  Tough conditions early doors as the greens were frozen but the front fringes were quite soft so it was hard to judge the approach shots in, they either plugged and stopped short or pinged 30' in the air and through the green!

Any time i have played Texas Scramble.Everyone takes a shot if it's a 3 ball or 4 ball.Don't see how it's an advantage for a 3 ball!! If anything it is an advantage to a 4 ball as your having 4 attempts!!
Author Information
 

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 pm
Posts: 793
HCP: 8.6
Local club/country: http://www.marketdraytongolfclub.co.uk
Irons: MP53 4-PW PX 6.0 ,MPT10 50,55, Callaway Mack Daddy 2,60 deg( U grind),TM T3 TP 13 deg Matrix HD 6 Stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 Hybrid 19 deg Fubuki Stiff.Yes "Ann" putter 34" 4"
Driver: Callaway Razr Fit Extreme,10.5,Fujikura Rombax 6X07 stiff

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 am

Posted by Fish


RobB2 wrote:

Fish wrote:

Texas Scramble yesterday, we had 8 shots and played to level par so came in with a nett 63, we just couldn't buy a birdie.  I think there were 6 prizes and 6th place came in with a nett 59 with the winners, a 3-ball, coming in with a gross 65 with 9 shots making a nett 56!  I think 3-balls when a player doesn't turn up have a huge advantage as everyone is taking shots on every hole, so, the low handicapper/s are not only taking their drive, but their 2nd shot also, which is a huge advantage, especially on par 5's!  I was pleased with my new driver though which had it first official baptism and it will make a huge difference to my game and handicap for next season.

Today was our Super 16's, we lost 2 down but I shot a gross 83, 8 under handicap so couldn't do much more. We were 3 down on the turn but came off the 14th all square only to be served up back-to-back birdies on 15 & 16 which killed us off, I parred the 17th for a half and parred the 18th but we shook hands on the 17th. 

My new driver again performed very well, only leaked a couple but was able to scramble well so they didn't cost me the holes.  Tough conditions early doors as the greens were frozen but the front fringes were quite soft so it was hard to judge the approach shots in, they either plugged and stopped short or pinged 30' in the air and through the green!

Any time i have played Texas Scramble.Everyone takes a shot if it's a 3 ball or 4 ball.Don't see how it's an advantage for a 3 ball!! If anything it is an advantage to a 4 ball as your having 4 attempts!!


Our format for a 4-ball is you have to take (nominate) 4 drives each of which 1 has to be a par3, the drive or any subsequent shot that is chosen 'that' player does not play as you have chosen their stroke.  As such, if you had a Cat1 player or any player with a huge drive in a 4-ball and his drive was chosen at that time, he wouldn't take the next shot, the same would apply if his 2nd shot was nominated if someone else had driven and so-on, however, in a 3-ball as they are 1 player down, he would and could play every shot so effectively he could play more than 50% of the course on his own,!
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 S
3w+ Cleveland Launcher 13*
4w Cleveland Launcher 17*
7w Mizuno FL-50 21* (For Sale)
Mizuno MP-52: 4 - P/W Irons
Mizuno T4: 52/7
Mizuno T4: 56/10
Mizuno T4: 60/5
Ping G5i Putter

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Coventry
HCP: 20.8
Local club/country: North Warwickshire Golf Club
Irons: MP52's 4-PW, MP-T4 Wedges 52/7, 56/10 & 60/5
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 Stiff

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 am

Posted by PaulBoy


RobB2 wrote:

Fish wrote:

Texas Scramble yesterday, we had 8 shots and played to level par so came in with a nett 63, we just couldn't buy a birdie.  I think there were 6 prizes and 6th place came in with a nett 59 with the winners, a 3-ball, coming in with a gross 65 with 9 shots making a nett 56!  I think 3-balls when a player doesn't turn up have a huge advantage as everyone is taking shots on every hole, so, the low handicapper/s are not only taking their drive, but their 2nd shot also, which is a huge advantage, especially on par 5's!  I was pleased with my new driver though which had it first official baptism and it will make a huge difference to my game and handicap for next season.

Today was our Super 16's, we lost 2 down but I shot a gross 83, 8 under handicap so couldn't do much more. We were 3 down on the turn but came off the 14th all square only to be served up back-to-back birdies on 15 & 16 which killed us off, I parred the 17th for a half and parred the 18th but we shook hands on the 17th. 

My new driver again performed very well, only leaked a couple but was able to scramble well so they didn't cost me the holes.  Tough conditions early doors as the greens were frozen but the front fringes were quite soft so it was hard to judge the approach shots in, they either plugged and stopped short or pinged 30' in the air and through the green!

Any time i have played Texas Scramble.Everyone takes a shot if it's a 3 ball or 4 ball.Don't see how it's an advantage for a 3 ball!! If anything it is an advantage to a 4 ball as your having 4 attempts!!

Sounds like we all have different rules for the Scramble format? - In ours as a four each player MUST contribute a minimum of 4x drives & a maximum of 5x drives - If you are a three that ratio changes to min 3x & max 7x - Both of these prevent the same persons drive being used every hole - We also only allow the 3x players who's drive isn't used to play the next shot until the green is reached & then all 4x players can putt - It's a fun format which I enjoy in a couple of comps a year but not something imho to be taken too seriously ... Paul  
Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s
Adams Pro 20 hybrid C Taper 120s
Mizuno MPT-4 50* 54* 60*
Mizuno MP650 Orochi 60s
Mizuno MP650 Matrix X-Con 8M2x
Odyssey Black Series #2 putter
Author Information
User avatar
 

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm
Posts: 594
HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s ~ MPT-4 Black Raw 50* 54* 60*
Driver: Mizuno MP-650 Fujikura Orochi 60s

Profile

Re: How did you do?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:36 am

Posted by db.


I followed up a 71 on Sat, with an 81 yesterday.  :-(
If God played golf he'd play Mizuno irons
Author Information
 

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 950
HCP: 5
Local club/country: UK
Irons: Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MPT-10 52, 58 wedges
Driver: Titleist 910 D2, Stiff RIP 70

Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 401  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.

{}