MIZUNO

Refurbs

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:14 am

Posted by Connor

First time poster, long time viewer.

At the moment i have the following, Hi Fli 2 iron, 4,5,6,7 in MP 63's, 8,9 and P in MP69's, MP T11 Quad Cut wedges, 52, 56 and 60's. All shafts are Project X 6.0.

I'm about to turn Pro and after finding the funding for this year i now can't afford to buy a new set of irons so was thinking of getting my clubs refurbed, shafts uprated to 6.5's , grips etc. Does anyone know whether i can cut the middle man out and get Mizuno to do this work for me?

Regards

Cons.
Author Information

HCP: none
Local club/country: London Club
Irons: (63's) 4,5,6,7 (69's) 8,9 P. Projext X 6.0
Driver: Booo Callaway Razrfit Project X 6.5

Re: Refurbs

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Posted by Deemac

Connor,

If you select the tab at the top of the page listed as "members" you will see all of the Mizuno staffers listed.  Certain ones have their PM's turned on (admin & samfitter1 for example).

If you PM either one of them with your contact details and ask for MPX to contact you directly, he will be able to let you know what Mizuno could or couldn't do for you!

All the best!
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Posted by Connor

Deemac wrote:

Connor,

If you select the tab at the top of the page listed as "members" you will see all of the Mizuno staffers listed.  Certain ones have their PM's turned on (admin & samfitter1 for example).

If you PM either one of them with your contact details and ask for MPX to contact you directly, he will be able to let you know what Mizuno could or couldn't do for you!

All the best!

Thanks
Author Information

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Posted by swingslow

Sorry cant help you re your refurbishment question.  But good luck with your pro career. Please stay on the Forum and let us know how you get on.
MX 700 9.5 Graphalloy Blue R shaft, Callaway Squareway 15, Cobra 23, S shafts
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 KBS Tour S shafts, Vokey 50, 54, 58, Nike Ignite 4 putter
Author Information

HCP: 6
Local club/country: Congleton

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Posted by Deemac

swingslow wrote:

Sorry cant help you re your refurbishment question.  But good luck with your pro career. Please stay on the Forum and let us know how you get on.

+1
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Posted by Connor

Thanks guys. My dad will probably update things as i go. I've looked through the forum as a whole and rather than spam it with loads of stuff, here's a few things about me, having read all about you!

My 3rd year approaching as a member of the London Club, England. 3 time European Open hosts.
Aged 19, was 0 handicap before turning Pro.
Used Mizuno irons for 4 years now, had 67's that were too good for me when i was 15, then 62's, now 63/69's mixed. Always had Mizuno wedges (Quad Cuts MP T11 now) and love the Hi Fli 2 iron. Throughout these sets i've always had Project X (5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and now need 6.5) shafts as they balance perfectly with all irons through to wedges.
RazrFit Driver (Projext X 6.5)  and 3 wood (stiff), Odyssey 2 ball putter.
Been playing since i was 6.5, played County golf from Juniors through to First team and love match play.

I love my golf.
Author Information

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Posted by Deemac

Good to hear from you Connor and we look forward to seeing your posts...
Author Information

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Posted by Connor

Apologies for bumping this but do the guys in the know always answer their PM's. I've sent 2 messages to Samfitter1 but had no reply. Does anyone know who the best person to as my original question to as i'm starting soon.

Cheers, Cons
Author Information

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Posted by Deemac

Connor wrote:

Apologies for bumping this but do the guys in the know always answer their PM's. I've sent 2 messages to Samfitter1 but had no reply. Does anyone know who the best person to as my original question to as i'm starting soon.

Cheers, Cons

MPX is the best guy to answer your original post, but his PM's are disabled.  He surfs the forum regularly, so hopefully he will see the bumped thread and get in touch! I'll see if there's anything I can do to grease the wheels...
Author Information

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

Posted by MPX

Connor

Couple of routes i could advise.

1.  If you're associated to a course / shop that has a Mizuno account (or know someone who is) - work that relationship.  They will have terms for 'own use' that may put new heads into the mix as well.

2.  Once you get to the Challenge Tour, the workshop team would come into play as a source of help....although most of those players are still paying for their equipment.

best of luck.

MPX
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: JPX EZ Forged / XP S300, JPX Series wedge (52/58)
Driver: MP-630 10.5, Fubuki MRC Reg, MP Ti 15 deg

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010