MIZUNO

Re: JPX 825 Hybrid 19

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Posted by taw

So no definitive answer!  What does Mizuno say?

In the end I took the 825 Hybrid with a stock stiff shaft and I am very impressed with the club. I would have liked to have it match the shafts on my MP 59's, I.e. the hybrid version of the Project X 5.5 shaft. I would even had paid extra for the option shaft but was not even given the chance, so Mizuno dipped out on some more profit and a happier customer. Please Mizuno do not put option shafts on your website if they are not available!
Author Information

HCP: 14
Local club/country: Leighton Buzzard Golf Club
Irons: MP59 4-PW, Project X 5.5, Pelz PW, SW, LW
Driver: Taylor Made R11S regular, Taylor Made R11S 3 wood regular, JPX 825 19 Hybrid

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Posted by sam-hull

BigPete wrote:

Here's what I think has happened.....

You've ordered the 8 clubs 
You asked about the hybrid
Naughty retailer thinks "ooh here's an extra £120 of pure profit we can make on this deal"
Retailer tells you they aren't available but orders one anyway with a view to selling seperately.
You post on here about it
Retailer is unaware of Mizuno forum 
You name and shame retailer on here
They get in trouble with Mizuno and lose business. 

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and cynical..

sort of happened to me, until i got told about the free hybrid on here. They told me since that my 825 hybrid has been ordered since, they would of told me if they wasnt any hybrids left. Thanks, Sam.
85 7 5 5 8
Author Information

HCP: probs 28 ?
Local club/country: sutton golf course hull
Irons: jpx fli hi 4 iron. jpx 825 5-pw. jpx 56* wedge. odyssey f-7 putter
Driver: jpx 825 hybrid 3-iron loft

Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Posted by STCR

Same with me. I ordered 8 irons and I did not get free hybrid of my choice. In spite of fact that of retailer claims everything is in stock, incl. free hybrid.
What hit me, I quote " We do not have to offer an alternative to the free club you selected but as a
gesture of goodwill we have done this and all our customers are happy with the
compromise".
Mizuno and retailer are misleading customers.
Author Information

Local club/country: SK
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 5-PW, Mizuno R12 50, 56. putter Ping Anser2 (oldie but goldie)
Driver: Bobby Jones Players Series 9,5

Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Posted by Deemac

STCR wrote:

Same with me. I ordered 8 irons and I did not get free hybrid of my choice. In spite of fact that of retailer claims everything is in stock, incl. free hybrid.
What hit me, I quote " We do not have to offer an alternative to the free club you selected but as a
gesture of goodwill we have done this and all our customers are happy with the
compromise".
Mizuno and retailer are misleading customers.

Not really...

Mizuno aren't misleading anyone! If you buy 8 irons from Mizuno you are entitled to a free hybrid or wedge!  But some retailers have chosen to discount their product instead and take the free club into their stock and sell it.  That is a RETAILER'S decision not a Mizuno decision!
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Tue May 07, 2013 6:50 am

Posted by DCB

To back up Deemac's comments, when I recently bought my new irons, I was more than happy with the 'deal' I had managed to get for myself that the free hybrid didn't come into the equation.

I know another forum member had done something similar with the same dealer and not sure if he eventually got the hybrid or not, but he had managed to get a really good deal for his clubs as well.

If I was paying 'standard' shop price on an eight iron set then I'd have been all over them like a rash for the hybrid. I didn't pay anything near the full price, so I was more than happy with the outcome.

Didn't want the hybrid anyway ;)
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons: Mizuno MP64 5-PW, H4 4iron, JPX825 3H, JPX 5 & 7 Wood, MPR12 52° & 56° Wedges
Driver: JPX EZ 12° Orochi Black Eye

Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 am

Posted by taw

I think we are getting away from the topic! Basically has anyone purchased a JPX 825 hybrid with a custom shaft in the last month or so. 
Author Information

Driver: Taylor Made R11S regular, Taylor Made R11S 3 wood regular, JPX 825 19 Hybrid

Tue May 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Posted by MPX

Guys

After a little digging - seems that the JPX825 hybrid has been very popular this year.  Luke and Stacy playing it has changed the kind of golfer that normally buys this club.  It's shifted some of the MP-H4 players into a different choice.  We've also sent a lot out free with the UK promotion.

Current status - We only have the 16 degree in stiff.  19/22/25 lofts are available in the regular Orochi Blue Eye shaft...with no custom changes.

We are completely out of JPX825 hybrid custom heads.

The promotion for a free hybrid is still running.....just with a limited selection of JPX825 options.  The JPX Fli-Hi and MP-H4 are still in good stock.
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), MP-T5 wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Tue May 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Posted by taw

Many thanks for your definitive response. 
Author Information

Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Posted by Deemac

Cheers MPX!
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: East Kilbride http://www.ekgolfclub.com/
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno MP 650 PX 6.0

Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Posted by Assassin

MPX wrote:

Guys

After a little digging - seems that the JPX825 hybrid has been very popular this year.  Luke and Stacy playing it has changed the kind of golfer that normally buys this club.  It's shifted some of the MP-H4 players into a different choice.  We've also sent a lot out free with the UK promotion.

Current status - We only have the 16 degree in stiff.  19/22/25 lofts are available in the regular Orochi Blue Eye shaft...with no custom changes.

We are completely out of JPX825 hybrid custom heads.

The promotion for a free hybrid is still running.....just with a limited selection of JPX825 options.  The JPX Fli-Hi and MP-H4 are still in good stock.

Thanks for the update MPX. Is this situation likely to change in the near future? Also, have the fitting centres been advised of the shortage and limitations. The reason I ask is, I am going for a fitting session at one of the Mizuno regional fitting centres on Sunday
Author Information

HCP: 9.4
Local club/country: Norway
Irons: MP54 4 - PW and MP T4 wedges all with NS 1150GH S shafts
Driver: MP 650

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010