MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Re: Got To Hit The New Range Today!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

Thanks BP. I've got a fitting next week at Burhill. The intention was to get fitted for MP54, but are you saying that EZ Forged are a better all-round club?
Author Information

HCP: 5.7
Local club/country: Surrey
Irons: A (fairly large) selection of Mizuno, interchangeable on a weekly basis. Putter? Any one of 12.
Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 deg; or Mizuno EZ; or Mizuno MX700

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Posted by Assassin

BigPete wrote:

So I walked into the shop at our course today to sort out some range balls and Simon pounces on me "Hey Pete! New Mizuno heads are in!!"

Next thing I know I'm grabbing heads and shafts and heading to the range \o/

I took what I thought would realistically suit my swing best - DG s300 (which is close to what I'm using atm) and the KBS C Taper stiff!!!. Heads wise I took the mp54 and the JPX 825 pro and EZ forged.

Well first of all the C Tapers are amazing - I love the look of them straight away - a matte satin finish just looks a bit different - and the flight - wow - just up in the air and loads of hang time. I was into a slight breeze but was getting some crazy distances. The S300s just seemed a bit "dead" by comparison.

MP 54 
I played 52s for a couple of years when they came out and absolutely loved them. There were times when I thought a more forgiving head would help my scores but those thoughts disappeared as soon as I hit my next good shot! It was much the same story today. My swing isn't in the best shape at the moment so there wasn't much in the way of grouping, but the good shots were just joyous.

JPX 825 pro 
I had the 800 pros after the 52 for around 9 months and really got on well with them. The 825s felt every bit as good as the 54s on tonights evidence. They were a touch longer and a bit more forgiving as you'd expect.

JPX 825 EZ 
Folks - let me tell you these things are super clubs. Probably about a club longer than the other two and sort of mostly in the same direction - way over the 180 marker, but still with THAT feel that we all know about. If I was in the market for new irons it'd be a tough choice between the 825 pro and the EZ. That's coming from someone who's mainly been an mp snob in the past. The finish does a good job of disguising the size of the heads and the offset isn't too crazy. Definitely try these out if you go for a fitting.

The C Taper / EZ combo would do me just fine thank you very much. 

Best thing is, Simon seemed to think the C Taper would NOT be an up charge!! If that's true, that's stunning value.

Thanks Pete

Interesting to hear you prefer the 825 pro's over the 54's. Is it down to your swing at the moment or is there a big difference between the clubs. If you look at the Mizzy website both irons are rated the same handicap wise? I see that the 54's are a degree weaker, so that would be the reason for them being shorter than the 825 pro's
Author Information

HCP: 10.5
Local club/country: Norway
Irons: MP54 4 - PW and MP T4 wedges all with NS 1150GH S shafts
Driver: JPX EZ Project X 6.0

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Posted by BigPete

Yeah look the 54s are ace on good shots - and if most of your shots are good, then they are probably a better all round club in terms of looks and precision and feel. I found the 825 pro only slightly longer but no real distance difference. I wasn't being measured btw - just whacking balls.

The big difference was the EZs - just noticibly longer, and straighter, and felt just as nice, and didn't look "too GI". If I was buying with my head more than my heart they would be the obvious choice, NOT because of the distance though, because they were straighter, the distance was a bonus I guess. I'd only really need up to 5 iron to cover up to 200 - then I'm taking headcovers off something.

The EZs are probably equivalent to the MX 200 that I was going to buy just before my head got turned by the 52s (the jpx825pros would therefore be like the MX 300)

JPX EZ / Mp 650 Driver
TEE XCG 3 wood
JPX EZ 5 wood
JPX 825 5 hybrid
JPX 825 pro 4-pw
MP R12 50 54 60 wedges
MP A 302 putter
Author Information

HCP: 12.0
Local club/country: http://www.claysgolf.co.uk/

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am

Posted by Assassin

BigPete wrote:

Yeah look the 54s are ace on good shots - and if most of your shots are good, then they are probably a better all round club in terms of looks and precision and feel. I found the 825 pro only slightly longer but no real distance difference. I wasn't being measured btw - just whacking balls.

The big difference was the EZs - just noticibly longer, and straighter, and felt just as nice, and didn't look "too GI". If I was buying with my head more than my heart they would be the obvious choice, NOT because of the distance though, because they were straighter, the distance was a bonus I guess. I'd only really need up to 5 iron to cover up to 200 - then I'm taking headcovers off something.

The EZs are probably equivalent to the MX 200 that I was going to buy just before my head got turned by the 52s (the jpx825pros would therefore be like the MX 300)

Thanks Pete 

I was just watching Mark Crossfields video, he liked the EZ pro's but didn't think they were any better than the 800 or 825 pro's

I am very happy with my 825 pro's but those MP54's look really good
Author Information

HCP: 10.5
Local club/country: Norway
Irons: MP54 4 - PW and MP T4 wedges all with NS 1150GH S shafts
Driver: JPX EZ Project X 6.0

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

BigPete wrote:

OK so the heart says go with the MP54. I hope you're right!
Author Information

HCP: 5.7
Local club/country: Surrey
Irons: A (fairly large) selection of Mizuno, interchangeable on a weekly basis. Putter? Any one of 12.
Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 deg; or Mizuno EZ; or Mizuno MX700

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010