MIZUNO

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: R&D trip to Europe

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:09 am

Posted by Grilled Cheese

Anyone want to give MPX and iPad lesson???
Author Information
Mizuno R+D  

HCP: 0.0
Local club/country: Mizuno Golf Club/USA
Irons: Split Set - MP H5 (3 - 5), MP-64 (6 - PW), MP T5 (51, 58)
Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5 with Fujikura F3 70 Stiff

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am

Posted by MPX

We don't offer the Orochi graphite shaft with the MP irons because of the head weight.  It's a much lighter shaft that requires a completely differently weighted head.  We offer with the JPX irons as it suits the head better.....and the type of players that tend to buy into JPX.

Mizuno uses a different weight head (lighter) for +1/2 inch longer shafts and another for graphite (heavier).

These all need completely different moulds......it's not a post manufacturing adjustment.  Essentially like having another model within our line up.  An especially big investment with the forged irons where the set up costs are infinitely higher.

Not a step that all of our competitors take.....most adjust the head weights using different badges post production.
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), MP-T5 wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am

Posted by ChrisP

Thanks MPX, reading into that if shafts lengths were equal is it correct then that an MP head is a little lighter than a JPX head.  For some reason  I thought it would have been the reverse.....still learning!
Mizuno JPX 50-56
Taylormade Daddy Long Legs
Author Information

Local club/country: Hawarden

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:11 am

Posted by Hammy

MPX wrote:

We don't offer the Orochi graphite shaft with the MP irons because of the head weight.  It's a much lighter shaft that requires a completely differently weighted head.  We offer with the JPX irons as it suits the head better.....and the type of players that tend to buy into JPX.

Mizuno uses a different weight head (lighter) for +1/2 inch longer shafts and another for graphite (heavier).

These all need completely different moulds......it's not a post manufacturing adjustment.  Essentially like having another model within our line up.  An especially big investment with the forged irons where the set up costs are infinitely higher.

Not a step that all of our competitors take.....most adjust the head weights using different badges post production.

Thanks MPX, although it does mean that I can't have a set of 54's or 825pro/54 combo as I don't like the feel of the projectx graphite.
Author Information

Local club/country: Varies between Eng and Wales
Irons: 4-PW MX300 graphite reg T4 50.06, 56.10 NSpro 950 reg
Driver: Titleist 913D2 10.5 set to C4 Bassara W55 reg shaft

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:12 am

Posted by MPX

Not quite. Just means that we have to make more variations of the JPX iron heads to accomodate the lighter Orochi shafts.

Three headweights.......four including ladies.

Vs just two for the MPs.

MPX
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), MP-T5 wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Posted by Villiers1

Hi Chris,

My fitting is 3/4" longer and 2 degrees upright. However I was advised to only go 1 degree upright in the wedges.

Is this in relation to your earlier post regarding an adverse effect on bounce if there is too much adjustment in lie angle?

My other question is....If adjustability is the way forward in the future Mizuno wood offerings are we going to get an MP adjustable range that can compete with the Titliest 913 range in terms of similar adjustability?
"He used to be fairly indecisive, but now he's not so sure"

"5-5-5-6-4-7. It's like the dialling code for Tierria del Fuego"

Peter Alliss

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be"

Pink Floyd
Author Information

HCP: 10
Local club/country: Pay & Play
Irons: JPX825 6-PW
Driver: Titleist 913D2 9.5, JPX EZ15 Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50 & 56,MPT101 Putter

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Posted by ChrisP

I'd have thought only loft changes would affect bounce V, ie 1 deg strong reduces bounce 1 degree and visa versa 1d weaker adds 1d bounce....but I'm highly likely to be wrong as usual!? :) good question mate.
Mizuno JPX 50-56
Author Information

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Posted by ChrisP

MPX wrote:

Apologies for the 'upside down' pictures.  Can assure they are the right way up on my iPad.  Very odd.

Mr Voshall is taking on a couple more of your questions between Cokes at the BA lounge in Munich.

Work him!! :)
Mizuno JPX 50-56
Author Information

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 am

Posted by MTR

ChrisP wrote:

I'd have thought only loft changes would affect bounce V, ie 1 deg strong reduces bounce 1 degree and visa versa 1d weaker adds 1d bounce....but I'm highly likely to be wrong as usual!? :) good question mate.

As stated loft and bounce work at a 1:1 ratio, but offset is more tricky. It's about +1.5mm or 0.003"per 2 degrees stronger if I remember correctly. Maybe not much, but definitely noticeable and one of the reasons you have to be careful when strengthening loft for better ball strikers.
Author Information

HCP: fore
Local club/country: EU
Irons: MP-37

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Posted by Varry Hardon

How does it work regarding supplying players on tour who are not official staff?

I've heard about players getting sets of irons, say for example the airline lost them, but they are not on staff.

Do they pay with credit card or something in the tour bus?
My friends call me Varry, you can call me Sir.
No gear, no idea.
Author Information

HCP: SBR
Local club/country: Dukinfield
Irons: MP-H4s, MP-68s
Driver: 913D2 in junior ladies flex

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010