MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: New Mizuno JPX Fli Hi

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Posted by streuner

did buy those FliHi last November, and did not like them the first 2-3 times out there at the range hitting them on matts.
later I was able to practise on grass again and there was a complete
different feeling. The FliHi was easy to set up and hitting targets was
never that easy, like cheating as the others saying.
have replaced 3i-6i right now, and be happy with this choice.
Author Information

HCP: 23
Local club/country: GCC Blumisberg
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 pro / Project X
Driver: Cobra AMP

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Posted by trojan615

These clubs just get better and better. They are so easy to use, I just love them from the rough
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner

"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble."
Samuel Johnson
Author Information

HCP: 7.3
Local club/country: Brocket hall
Irons: Mizuno - MP 64... 4- PW , DG X100 , 2 deg up, + 0.5
Driver: 913 d3 diamana whiteboard 10.5

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 am

Posted by Alex1975

Users, what are they like off the tee? I just feel like I would miss them and that the fli hi maybe a little shallow off a tee peg? Any thoughts?
Titleist 913 D2 9.5º
Titleist 910F 15º
Titleist 910H 19º
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50º,54º,58º
Scotty Cameron Circa 62
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: Aylesbury Vale Golf Club
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - Dynamic Gold SL R300
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 - Diamana S+ Stiff

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Posted by streuner

off the tee you must be carefull, that the tee is deep enough...
I put the ball on the tee just a bit higher than the grass would pillow him...
Author Information

HCP: 23
Local club/country: GCC Blumisberg
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 pro / Project X
Driver: Cobra AMP

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 am

Posted by Charlie

Just ordered one 22 degree project x 5.5 I did think you could have the loft altered to 24 but apparently not:-( but we shall give it a bash and see how we get on
Author Information

HCP: 11.9
Local club/country: Market Harborough
Irons: Mp59 project x5.5 5-PW jpx fli hi no 4 titleist vokey mp4 52 56 60 wedges odyssey versa No9 putter
Driver: Taylor Made R1 stiff shaft r11 3wood mizuno mp clk 20 deg hybrid

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:42 am

Posted by Andy Bubba Burgs

Nice Club Charlie
Let us all know how you get on with it

Hope to see more posts from you

Bubba
SWING DNA Speed [82] Tempo [5] ToeDown [3] KickAngle [3] Release [5]
Titleist 913 D2 9.75° - Diamana S+ Blue 62
Titleist 913 3 Wood & 913 H 21° - Diamana S+ Blue 82
Mizuno MP53 & MP69 Both 4i-PW - KBS S
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 / 56 / 60
Mizuno BC03
Mizuno MP-S
Author Information

HCP: 6.2
Local club/country: Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons: Mizuno MP53 4-PW and MP69 KBS Tour S Vokey 52, 56, 60, Mizuno Bettinardi BC3
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.75 Titleist 913 3 Wood

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Posted by nick

No problems off the tee with the 3. It is turning out to be a really versatile club, does a nice line in low punch shots out of the trees too.
Ping Anser 10.5 ahina 70x
Callaway FT 4 wood Blueboard 83x
Mizuno MP64 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Spin Milled 52, 56 and 60
Odyssey Versa 9 BWB
Bridgestone B330s
Author Information

Local club/country: uk
Irons: MP64 4-PW Project X 6.0
Driver: Anser 10.5 Ahina X

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Posted by Smigin

Well I hope I'm not the only dissenter here but I have tried the 4 and 5 iron equivalents and found them offering little my Cobra hybrid rails don't already do.

However as its wet and windy here (not referring to the aftermath of a curry) I have only had a limited trial of them; but after reading the comments here will maybe keep them on trial for a couple more weeks...

It’s really hard not to think of them as a hybrid rather than a niblick type iron and with the shorter steel shaft you feel you’ll strike them off the heel but maybe that will disappear with time.

I tried these as they are the potential replacements for the 4 & 5 irons I took out of the bag and have currently replaced them with the hybrids and after reading all the positives I thought I must give them a try.

I'm still of the opinion that I need to use them a bit more often to really give them a chance but so far I'm not seeing great improvement with them over the hybrids and in fact as these irons are more for distance the hybrid look to be going further.

Just my initial thoughts...
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: The Sand Moor GC; Leeds UK
Irons: MX-300 R300 / 52* & 58* MP-R series wedges (or Vega 52/54/60 for summer)
Driver: Ping G20; 10.5; S

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 am

Posted by Alex1975

Smigin wrote:

Well I hope I'm not the only dissenter here but I have tried the 4 and 5 iron equivalents and found them offering little my Cobra hybrid rails don't already do.

However as its wet and windy here (not referring to the aftermath of a curry) I have only had a limited trial of them; but after reading the comments here will maybe keep them on trial for a couple more weeks...

It’s really hard not to think of them as a hybrid rather than a niblick type iron and with the shorter steel shaft you feel you’ll strike them off the heel but maybe that will disappear with time.

I tried these as they are the potential replacements for the 4 & 5 irons I took out of the bag and have currently replaced them with the hybrids and after reading all the positives I thought I must give them a try.

I'm still of the opinion that I need to use them a bit more often to really give them a chance but so far I'm not seeing great improvement with them over the hybrids and in fact as these irons are more for distance the hybrid look to be going further.

I think in this thread most people are comparing them with irons not hybrids. I think the beauty of them is that you can have a steel shaft that matches your other irons, If you already had hybrids in those spots I am not sure your going to see greatly different results.
Titleist 913 D2 9.5º
Titleist 910F 15º
Titleist 910H 19º
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50º,54º,58º
Scotty Cameron Circa 62
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: Aylesbury Vale Golf Club
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - Dynamic Gold SL R300
Driver: Titleist 913 D2 - Diamana S+ Stiff

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Posted by Smigin

Alex1975 wrote:

Smigin wrote:

I think in this thread most people are comparing them with irons not hybrids. I think the beauty of them is that you can have a steel shaft that matches your other irons, If you already had hybrids in those spots I am not sure your going to see greatly different results.

(I really am going to have to review before I submit; the grammar in my review is embarrassing!)

I understand these are designed to be a continuation of your irons rather than a bridge between them and your woods but even so the idea is still to find an appropriate club aimed at achieving the distances a 4 and 5 iron are designed for whilst making them easier to hit.

That said this was the premise that hybrids came about. I'm not sure the shaft material is the key element in their selection (aka graphite shafted irons) rather it’s the ease of use and better feel in the transition from a 'long iron'.

How do we reconcile using a 5 Fli Hi versus a 25* hybrid when the former is nominally easier to hit (for me) but the latter launches a ball further?

This was the point I was trying to make but I will keep them (taped up as they  are) a while longer...
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: The Sand Moor GC; Leeds UK
Irons: MX-300 R300 / 52* & 58* MP-R series wedges (or Vega 52/54/60 for summer)
Driver: Ping G20; 10.5; S

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010