MIZUNO

Re: I need to avoid wet feet

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Posted by PaulBoy

Br1an_g wrote:

i honestly dont see how the yak leather on my ecco bioms will ever crack. they are as soft and maleable today as they were when i first got them nearly 2 years ago.

Sorry, I was talking about 'normal' leather which I would imagine 99% of people here will have their shoes made of - I wasn't even aware of shoes made from yak leather? - I have had Ecco shoes before though so I will check out their yak range ... Paul
Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s
Adams Pro 20 hybrid C Taper 120s
Mizuno MPT-4 50* 54* 60*
Mizuno MP650 Orochi 60s
Mizuno MP650 Matrix X-Con 8M2x
Odyssey Black Series #2 putter
Author Information

HCP: 5.2
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: Adams CMB 4-PW C Taper 120s ~ MPT-4 Black Raw 50* 54* 60*
Driver: Mizuno MP-650 Fujikura Orochi 60s

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Posted by swingslow

Smigin wrote:

just seen these...

Attachment:
5767:$T2eC16J,!y8E9s2fifk!BR-RcKv1R!~~60_12.jpg

just wondered if anyone had seen these?
are Mizuno's fittings more like the tight of adidas or the generous nature of FJ?

Mizuno fittings are tight, just like some Adidas shoes I had a few years ago.  I have the Stability shoe and the plastic support in one of the heels has cracked after 2 seasons of use.  Still wearable but the right foot sometimes 'squeaks' as I walk.
MX 700 9.5 Graphalloy Blue R shaft, Callaway Squareway 15, Cobra 23, S shafts
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 KBS Tour S shafts, Vokey 50, 54, 58, Nike Ignite 4 putter
Author Information

HCP: 6
Local club/country: Congleton

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Posted by RobB2

Most shoes only come with a limited waterproof guarentee these days .If you look after them ,they will look after your feet when needed.I still have shoes from 5 yrs ago which are still waterproof to this day.Obviously they wouldn't if i was wading around in water but under normal winter conditions they are fine.I do have 5 pairs which i rotate,giving them time to dry naturally before i reapply the polish !! Other than that buy a pair with Goretex in the lining.
Author Information

HCP: 8.6
Local club/country: http://www.marketdraytongolfclub.co.uk
Irons: MP53 4-PW PX 6.0 ,MPT10 50,55, Callaway Mack Daddy 2,60 deg( U grind),TM T3 TP 13 deg Matrix HD 6 Stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 Hybrid 19 deg Fubuki Stiff.Yes "Ann" putter 34" 4"
Driver: Callaway Razr Fit Extreme,10.5,Fujikura Rombax 6X07 stiff

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Posted by Smigin

RobB2 wrote:

Most shoes only come with a limited waterproof guarentee these days .If you look after them ,they will look after your feet when needed.I still have shoes from 5 yrs ago which are still waterproof to this day.Obviously they wouldn't if i was wading around in water but under normal winter conditions they are fine.I do have 5 pairs which i rotate,giving them time to dry naturally before i reapply the polish !! Other than that buy a pair with Goretex in the lining.

It all depends on how heavy you are on shoes, I'm far from light footed so most shoes rarely last me beyond a couple of years and to have 5 is a luxury beyond my budget.

I do have a couple for summer but one of those is usually on its way out and used for the evening knock I get to have occasionally. Ive now been looking at the adidas Adizero Tour which come with a 2 year guarantee.

any views on these?
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: The Sand Moor GC; Leeds UK
Irons: MX-300 R300 / 52* & 58* MP-R series wedges (or Vega 52/54/60 for summer)
Driver: Ping G20; 10.5; S

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Posted by RobB2

Smigin wrote:

RobB2 wrote:

It all depends on how heavy you are on shoes, I'm far from light footed so most shoes rarely last me beyond a couple of years and to have 5 is a luxury beyond my budget.

I do have a couple for summer but one of those is usually on its way out and used for the evening knock I get to have occasionally. Ive now been looking at the adidas Adizero Tour which come with a 2 year guarantee.

any views on these?

I haven't brought a pair of shoes since last May when i got 2 pairs of Footjoy dryjoys for £120.Before that was a pair of Myjoys i got as a xmas present and then before that was another 2 and 3 yrs before.Like i said if you look after them.As far as the Adizero tour go,i think they are synthetic leather,hence the 2 yr guarentee,Too slim fitting for my feet i'm afraid but i know a lot of guys who use them!!
Author Information

Irons: MP53 4-PW PX 6.0 ,MPT10 50,55, Callaway Mack Daddy 2,60 deg( U grind),TM T3 TP 13 deg Matrix HD 6 Stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 Hybrid 19 deg Fubuki Stiff.Yes "Ann" putter 34" 4"

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am

Posted by Smigin

Let’s be clear after every game and within an hour or so of getting home my clubs are cleaned, thoroughly dried and put away, my bag wiped down if a little muddy as are my shoes. Both are dried naturally and as soon as they are the shoes are polished or in the case of the Ecco winter ones a bit of dubbing rubbed on (better water-proofing) they have shoe stretchers put back in and put away. It may sound a little an*l (ask my partners about my fastidiousness) but these things are not cheap and with a little looking after they will last longer.

Having said that all shoes crease over the toes where we naturally bend our feet and eventually that leads to a crack in the leather and more specifically the coating thus the ending of their water proofing.

I didn't realise the Adidas Adizero where synthetic so as I need to let my feet breathe I'll have to look elsewhere.
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: The Sand Moor GC; Leeds UK
Irons: MX-300 R300 / 52* & 58* MP-R series wedges (or Vega 52/54/60 for summer)
Driver: Ping G20; 10.5; S

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Posted by RobB2

Like i said before ,Something with Goretex in the lining.eg: Ecco

Edit: Ecco GTX Biom RRP £175
Author Information

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010