MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Counterbalancing a Mizuno Bettinardi

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Posted by Halebopp

Having played a round with the counter-balanced putter on Saturday and another round with the normal C-01H.

The green speeds change from green to green at this point of the season and the distance control issues have been very similar on both rounds. The counter-balanced putter is offering me a much more stable stroke though and thus better directional control, like I noticed over the winter.

As for the CB fairway wood, I think it's an improvement but there's a very good chance I'll be demoing new fairway woods soon.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Re: Counterbalancing a Mizuno Bettinardi

Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Posted by Halebopp

The greens are improving and me and the putter are getting along better and better. Distance control can be difficult, hitting really slow putts can be difficult, there's always a bit of pace when the ball takes off and if you get the pace wrong, it can be very wrong.

Another interesting issue is that due to the speed the ball takes off, you really need to get your line right. The putter is like a train on rails, it will go straight and with a bit of pace. Thus the putts kissing the edges are very likely to lip out. Another thing I've been thinking about is the Youtube pros telling us how the human body does all sorts of compensations to accommodate swing flaws etc. to produce decent results. One such possible thing is the ability to turn your wrists during a putting stroke to get the ball down a different line than you planned (if you subconsciously think the line isn't right). With this train of a putter such compensations simply aren't possible.

Those same issues are what also make the putter great, the ball rolls off the face very nicely, the putting stroke is very stable and the ball will start off on the line you chose with confidence. Even distance control is good excluding the obvious brain farts which would be better with a normal putter.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4