MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Re: What's your Mizuno story?

Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Posted by Shortylook

Hi all,
started playing golf October 2012 for something to do and a bit of exercise. I used my cousins right handed clubs to start with as I didn't have any. Figured out I'm a lefty, so I borrowed a set of left handed clubs to see if it helped any. It did so I purchased a set from the nearest golf shop. A cheap set at $400 with the lot. Got a handicap and started playing. After 6 months or so I started looking at clubs and golf related stuff on the net and came across mizuno golf clubs. Liked the look of them and went out searching for some. Got fitted up with mp-59's and away I went. I got told heaps of times" those clubs are no good for a hacker like you, you won't be able to hit them in a million years" . My cap went from 33 to now 20. I won our golf club open day,  biggest trophy day for the club and I was the winter scrounges champion this year. I love the feel of my 59's and the look of them. I have tried jpx 825's but really struggled with them, not sure why, but I just couldn't hit them as nice as the 59's. Hope to keep dropping the cap and enjoy the trip on the way there
cheers 
shorty
Author Information

HCP: 20
Local club/country: Waroona/australia
Irons: LH Mp-59 4-pw
Driver: Callaway x hot 10.5 project x 5.0

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:15 am

Posted by mrbeavis

Shortylook wrote:

Hi all,
started playing golf October 2012 for something to do and a bit of exercise. I used my cousins right handed clubs to start with as I didn't have any. Figured out I'm a lefty, so I borrowed a set of left handed clubs to see if it helped any. It did so I purchased a set from the nearest golf shop. A cheap set at $400 with the lot. Got a handicap and started playing. After 6 months or so I started looking at clubs and golf related stuff on the net and came across mizuno golf clubs. Liked the look of them and went out searching for some. Got fitted up with mp-59's and away I went. I got told heaps of times" those clubs are no good for a hacker like you, you won't be able to hit them in a million years" . My cap went from 33 to now 20. I won our golf club open day,  biggest trophy day for the club and I was the winter scrounges champion this year. I love the feel of my 59's and the look of them. I have tried jpx 825's but really struggled with them, not sure why, but I just couldn't hit them as nice as the 59's. Hope to keep dropping the cap and enjoy the trip on the way there
cheers 
shorty

Shorty, No mention of that "shirt", those "shoe laces" or the laid up tee shots at the WA Champs??????
MP600 9.5 with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 04 Flex
TM RBZ Tour 5 Metal with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 04 Flex
Titleist913H 218 with Diamana Blue S+
MP 58 4-PW PX 5.5's.
MP-T11 54/58
Callaway ProType Tour #7
Author Information

HCP: 8
Local club/country: Australia
Irons: Mizuno / MP-58's / 4 to PW with PX 5.5's.
Driver: MP600 9.5 with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 04 Flex

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 am

Posted by philip12

I always loved golf, but I think that when i was in college made me really become interested with my friends. It made me seek out interesting courses.
http://ny.pe
Author Information

Local club/country: Philippines

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Posted by PhilH

Hi All
Thought it bout time i said hello,having been a regular lurker since the purchase of my 1st set of mizzies a year ago this month.
I had popped into my local AG store just for a mooch(as one does) not realizing they had mizuno demo day going on,well long storey short,after a chat and a session with simon the fitting guru, i was walking out with my first custom set on order,next week collected my lovely new clubs on the friday only to wake up on sat morn to find everywhere covered in bloody snow !so it was another 2wks before i could actually take them out on the course.
After that of course i then found you guys and as i said at the top have been with you ever since.
Cheers
Author Information

Local club/country: The Bedford GC
Irons: mizuno MP-54 5-pw H4-4i Nippon n.s. pro 950gh reg Wedges mr12 50,54 60 Putter Mizuno mp106
Driver: callaway razr black 10.5reg mizuno 825 15deg 3w & 19deg hybrid

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 am

Posted by Texdrumr

Hey everyone, new guy from central Texas, just north of San Antonio in a town called New Braunfels.  My story...I've played golf my entire life and was once fairly decent at the game.  In High School I played to a 5 handicap and went all the way to state in my senior year.  I'm currently an 11 and trying my best to get back to a single digit.  

Clubs...I've been playing a standard set of Cleveland CG4s for the past 6 or so years and recently decided it was time for a custom set.  After a lot of research I had my heart set on Ping irons, like the I or G series.  So, I went down to my local pro shop, told the pro about my game and what I was trying to accomplish.  He asked me if I was open to trying other brands and I said "of course".  He pulled many different brands/styles and we started the process.  I had never hit a Mizuno club before and I can honestly say the first time I hit the JPX EZ forged, I was hooked.  As we continued the fitting process and started eliminating clubs, I kept coming back to the Mizunos.  In the end, the Pings didn't even come close to the feel of these and I couldn't be happier with them.

Looking forward to jumping in here.

Tex
Author Information

HCP: 11.4
Local club/country: The Bandit/USA
Irons: JPX EZ Forged - KBS Tour Stiff
Driver: Adams Redline 10.5

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Posted by Fish

Texdrumr wrote:

Hey everyone, new guy from central Texas, just north of San Antonio in a town called New Braunfels.  My story...I've played golf my entire life and was once fairly decent at the game.  In High School I played to a 5 handicap and went all the way to state in my senior year.  I'm currently an 11 and trying my best to get back to a single digit.  

Clubs...I've been playing a standard set of Cleveland CG4s for the past 6 or so years and recently decided it was time for a custom set.  After a lot of research I had my heart set on Ping irons, like the I or G series.  So, I went down to my local pro shop, told the pro about my game and what I was trying to accomplish.  He asked me if I was open to trying other brands and I said "of course".  He pulled many different brands/styles and we started the process.  I had never hit a Mizuno club before and I can honestly say the first time I hit the JPX EZ forged, I was hooked.  As we continued the fitting process and started eliminating clubs, I kept coming back to the Mizunos.  In the end, the Pings didn't even come close to the feel of these and I couldn't be happier with them.

Looking forward to jumping in here.

Tex

Welcome aboard Tex, I'm sure you'll get back to single digits now your in the Mizuno camp. I'll be looking out for your scores and matches in the "How did you do" thread   :up:
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 S
3w+ Cleveland Launcher 13*
4w Cleveland Launcher 17*
7w Mizuno FL-50 21* (For Sale)
Mizuno MP-52: 4 - P/W Irons
Mizuno T4: 52/7
Mizuno T4: 56/10
Mizuno T4: 60/5
Ping G5i Putter

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
Author Information

HCP: 20.7
Local club/country: The Warwickshire Golf & Country Club
Irons: MP52's 4-PW, MP-T4 Wedges 52/7, 56/10 & 60/5
Driver: TM SLDR 12* Matrix 7M3 Stiff

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Posted by Villiers1

PhilH wrote:

Hi All
Thought it bout time i said hello,having been a regular lurker since the purchase of my 1st set of mizzies a year ago this month.
I had popped into my local AG store just for a mooch(as one does) not realizing they had mizuno demo day going on,well long storey short,after a chat and a session with simon the fitting guru, i was walking out with my first custom set on order,next week collected my lovely new clubs on the friday only to wake up on sat morn to find everywhere covered in bloody snow !so it was another 2wks before i could actually take them out on the course.
After that of course i then found you guys and as i said at the top have been with you ever since.
Cheers

Welcome aboard the good ship Mizuno Phil. Your lucky day that they had a fitting day event when you walked in the store. It was meant to be. Enjoy your Mizuno journey. I'll see what I can do about the weather
"He used to be fairly indecisive, but now he's not so sure"

"5-5-5-6-4-7. It's like the dialling code for Tierria del Fuego"

Peter Alliss

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be"

Pink Floyd
Author Information

HCP: 10
Local club/country: Pay & Play
Irons: JPX825 6-PW
Driver: Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,MPTA301Putter

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:43 am

Posted by Shortylook

Shortylook wrote:

Hi all,
cheers 
shorty

Author Information

Local club/country: Waroona/australia
Irons: LH Mp-59 4-pw
Driver: Callaway x hot 10.5 project x 5.0

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Posted by flash

bought a set of jpx825  irons a couple of months ago used them 6 times and guess what going rusty 
Author Information

Local club/country: heaton park golf club
Irons: mp825x

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Posted by fran21356

I'm 58 years old and didn't start playing golf till I was 41. I was always a good athelete and loved playing baseball, football and soccer. Wasn't as good at soccer as I would have liked to be but that's another story. I wanted to remain active so when my brother asked me if I would like to go golfing with him I took him up on it. My first set of clubs was the second generation Adams driver, the Adams Tight Lies fairway woods and a set of irons I bought from chipshot.com, a now defunct comapny. I liked their irons called Z1000. They had a thin top line and felt very comfortable but after a couple of years I want a set with one of the better known OEM's and since I was already familiar with Adams I bought a set of A1 irons and hybrids. I was disappointed with them because they felt so clunky and just didn't fit my eye at address. I had heard of forged irons and always had heard they were for low handicappers and would just frustrate a 18 HDCP like me. 
I needed a wedge for the sand but never could hit a sand wedge very well so I decided to look for a gap wedge instead. I went on ebay and saw an MX25 sand wedge that was really appealing to me so I bid and won the wedge. I fell in love with it and began to look at reviews for the MX25's and to my pleasant surprise saw they were game improvement irons. I couldn't afford a new set so i bought a used set on Ebay and started playing them. The difference between cast and forged was like night and day plus they weren't any more difficult to hit than my two previous sets of cast irons. In fact I've brought my handicap down from 18 to 15. it hadn't budged in the previous 15 years! I grant that it's 15.9 but each year I've played with these irons has been better than the year before.
So I've made the decision that for my 60th birthday i'm going to treat myself to a new set of irons. I don't know what set it will be since they haven't been made or even designed yet. But I'm looking forward to two years from now when the delivery guy rings my door bell and hands me a box of my very own fitted Mizuno irons. I might even have a tough time setting my Mx25's aside for them.
Author Information

HCP: 16
Local club/country: Middletown CC
Irons: MX25
Driver: R11

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010