HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Is anyone else here an avid reader, specially of golf related books?

I won't tell you my golf library competes with the USGA's Golf House, but it numbers about 200 books now. And I'm always looking for recommendations.

Most recently, I've read 2 books by Tom Coyne, A Golf Course Called Ireland and A Golf Course Called Scotland. I recently read the Geoff Shackelford book, Golf Course Architecture For Normal People and i reread An American Caddie In St Andrews.

My favorites include historical books and I love to read about course architecture, mostly how courses were designed and built when a mule was the most sophisticated piece of equipment they had.

How about you?

LOS

Local club/country
England
These days I only buy the the odd golf technique book or DVD. Even then the last gold book I bought and read was "One Putt" by Ken Brown several years ago. I used to go through the e-book libraries so that I could read some of the old golf books but I have too many other "in-hand" things to do.
Project Gutenberg e.g-
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=golf&submit_search=Go!

I have been reading Geoff Shackelford's website , on and off, for a number of years.
https://quadrilateral.substack.com/p/majors-news-and-notes-february-22

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
I have read many golf books,.. of interest… Bob Rotella (author), Harvey Pennicks Litte Red Book, and one of my favourites is Andrew Griegg, Preferred Lies… please feel free to share @DennisMiller

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
Always go back to Harvey Pennick the little Red Book always does it for me.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Always go back to Harvey Pennick the little Red Book always does it for me.
A friend of mine refers to The Little Red Book as "the golfer's bible"...

I've got the book and a putter that I categorize pretty much in the same way. When my swing is off and I'm inconsistent, I'll reread Harvey's book.

When my usually very good putting is off, I'll pull out my 1960s model Toney Penna Original Ironmaster putter. I have to concentrate so much more to use it effectively, it puts me back in the proper frame of mind.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I did something totally goofy the other day. I decided it was time to start cleaning the house for Passover, so I started with the living room. While removing everything from the wall unit to dust, I separated out all my golf books and put them in one place. I discovered I have duplicates of some books, Harvey's Little Red Book included, but why would I have two copies of the Caddie's Cookbook? Then I started going through the shelves with dvds and separated out golf oriented dvds. Then came the old video tapes, for which we don't have a vhs player anymore, but I discovered 3 golf tapes and immediately went to Amazon to buy the dvds. Keep in mind, I haven't watched any of these tapes in a lot of years, so I don't know why all of a sudden they had to immediately be replaced.

Anyway, 216 books later, I realized i had put them in a place on the wall unit where there's a chair sitting in front of them. Where's the emoticon for "I'm a truly idiotic puppy?"

Top Bottom